|San Francisco, California|
Stretching a mile below the rugged cliffs on the Presidio’s western shoreline, Baker Beach’s spectacular outside-the-Gate views of the Bridge and the Marin Headlands are unsurpassed.
Keep your eye out for harbor porpoises frolicking in the surf and for California’s State Rock (serpentine). Learn about an early 20th-century “disappearing gun”. Picnic and restroom facilities available.
- On sunny weekends, be prepared for crowds and parking congestion.
- A picnic area with tables, grills, and restroom facilities is tucked in the cypress grove at the east end of the parking lot.
- Baker Beach can be warm enough for sunbathing and picnicking.
- Look for the display of historical military photographs inside the Battery Chamberlin magazine.
- Hikers can pick up the Coastal Trail on the cliffside.
- The northernmost end of Baker Beach is frequented by clothing-optional sunbathers.
retreived from: parksconservancy.org