|San Francisco, California|
|Event Date from:||05/27/2012|
Celebrating our Bridge: Golden Gate Festival, May 27, 2012
A spectacular festival was held on the 2012 Memorial Day weekend. Recalling the historic “Golden Gate Bridge Fiesta” in 1937, the event told the story of the Bridge and provided an opportunity for the entire community to celebrate together.
The main activities were held at Fort Point, Crissy Field, The Presidio and Marina Green. Anniversary activities were also held at Fort Mason Center, Ghirardelli Square, San Francisco Maritime Historical National Park, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Pier 39.
- Fireworks. A spectacular grand finale showcased the Bridge, Bay and surrounding national parklands. Soundtrack aired live on KFOG 104.5/97.7FM.
- International Orange Artists’ Exhibition at Fort Point.
- Crissy Field Stage highlighted dance, music and local bands.
- Road Trip through History featured vintage cars and motorcycles from 1937 to the present.
- Crissy Field Center Future Fair with activities and demonstrations showcased sustainability technologies and innovations in the pioneering spirit of the Bridge.
- Vintage Maritime Display and Historic Watercraft Parade with classic boats spanning 75 years, at the St. Francis Yacht Club.
- Marina Green Stage featured dance and music organizations and local bands. West Marina Green.
- Marina Green, Crissy Field and Golden Gate Bridge Plaza retail outlets offered Official 75th Anniversary merchandise.
May 27, 2012 marked 75 years for the Golden Gate Bridge and a wonderful opportunity to recognize the history, beauty, and ingenuity of this famous span. The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District and the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy—in cooperation with the National Park Service, the Presidio Trust, and the City and County of San Francisco—launched a 75th anniversary program. Events continue throughout the year.Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary,